Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit West
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Reporting to the Director, Global Infrastructure Operations, you will be accountable for the quality of delivery and successful Transfer to Operations for new and changed services in line with ITIL best practice and Celgene policy/procedure.
You will liaise between service owners, project managers, design teams, operations teams, and our partners communicating between all key stakeholders to ensure the smooth and successful implementation of new services, executed to high quality standards and adherent to policy/process.
You will ensure Service Management procedures are established and documented that align with ITILv3 best practice, and provide the capability to measure, and maintain performance of the service post launch to promote continual improvement.
Liaising with internal technical subject matter experts and business owners of key platforms and processes you will ensure end to end Service Assurance requirements are met.
- Ensure new Services have a fully developed end to end support structure, including Processes, Knowledge Management, SLAs, KPIs.
- Act as a gate keeper function that ensures effective Transfer to Operations in compliance with the Service Readiness Process (SRP) for all new services introduced via the business project lifecycle.
- Manage all stakeholders to ensure resources are allocated and milestones are achieved for Transition Projects;
- Drive discussions with key stakeholders to do the AS-IS vs TO-BE process mapping;
- Develop transition approach, project plan, resource plan, in agreement with all stakeholders;
- Monitor transition progress to ensure all deliverables (work-shadowing, training, ramp-up) meet quality, timing, budget and methodology requirements;
- Run regular transition reviews with project team members and stakeholders to assess progress, identify project key risks/concerns/issues and take appropriate actions to resolve them;
- Acts as ITGPT representative during Crisis and Incident Management events
- Ensures standards are applied to builds, documentation, and processes.
- Participates in advisory boards and governance reviews as required.
- Works with application and service owners to ensure proper build, implementation and testing of Disaster Recovery and Service Continuity design.
- Provide program status reporting, dashboards and relevant measures required for Project Governance;
- Escalates project issues and scope changes to the relevant stakeholders on a needed basis;
- Conduct readiness assessment based on relevant acceptance criteria after each project phase, ensuring key milestones and deliverables sign-off;
- Contribute to the design of E2E flow solutions (process, technology, best practices);
- Ensure that appropriate lifecycle resourcing, training, tooling, support and documentation is delivered with a formal project sign-off from all key stakeholders.
- Represent the Operations team at all project meetings & StageGates to define and implement service acceptance criteria for both new and changing services.
- Work with Project Managers, Business Owners, Service Owners, Managed Service Partners, Operations teams and 3rd parties to ensure that projects are delivered in-full/on-time.
- Interface with the Operations team & 3rd party providers to ensure adequate Service Transition and Back Office Operations Team coverage across all relevant work requests.
- Ensure all operational support material is completed to a high standard by all relevant Design and Service Transition functions.
- Ensure an effective set of performance metrics and service levels are delivered for new services.
- Participate in end to end stakeholder groups to improve the efficiency of future deliveries and processes.
- Identify and manage Operations risks ensuring a successful transition to service.
- Provide Governance of the SRP, and Sign Off for all key project stages and artifacts.
- Education to degree level (technology-based preferable) or equivalent IT Operations/Transition experience.
- 7-10 years of experience managing an Infrastructure Delivery/Service Transition/Operations department
- Previous IT Service Transition experience within with a Managed Service Model org, preferably w/an MSP component as part of the model
- ITIL 2011 Foundation certification
- Service design experience; defining Operations requirements
- Significant experience in managing complex IT transformation projects;
- Strong knowledge in project management and training/coaching individuals;
- ITIL Expert Qualification: Service Transition Certification
- Agile/Lean/Continuous Improvement
- Have led or had major participation in organization shift to MSP
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.