Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The head of the IT PMO is responsible for improving the overall PMO maturity across the organization; supporting and enabling the organization's projects, programs and structured work efforts to achieve high levels of quality, service and business outcomes; while ensuring that the PMO adds value, is relevant to the strategy of the organization, and meets the goals set for the PMO by IT leadership.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
▪ Facilitates among the PMO stakeholders a consensus around the mission and vision of the PMO organization to foster a project-management and business outcome oriented culture and mindset
▪ Engages senior leadership and related stakeholders to enhance the PMO mission, goals and operating model
▪ Leads the identification and implementation of project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines and standards in order to establish a stable framework that supports all project teams and stakeholders to improve the probability of successful project delivery. quality and outcomes
▪ Defines, manages and directs the needed end-to-end PMO work effort, which includes leveraging best practices and techniques in identifying, quantifying and tracking the realization of expected benefits defined in business cases
▪ Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring to PMO staff
▪ Responsible for ensuring services from third parties/key partners meet/exceed Celgene requirements and standards.
▪ Builds and maintains relationships with senior leadership and key PMO stakeholders, and acts as a trusted advisor
▪ Regularly reviews and evaluates opportunities to improve the project management best practices in order to achieve higher maturity in PPM
▪ Leads a project management community of practice to facilitate collaboration and best-practice sharing among program/project managers and key PMO stakeholders
▪ Champions and leads development and adherence to the IT project management lifecycle.
▪ Establishes sound management processes and sets strategic direction for resource utilization management to efficiently and effectively deliver the portfolio of projects and services.
▪ Develops processes to improve service levels and project performance and identifies metrics for measuring performance, develops methods for effectively reporting on performance, and utilizes those metrics for improvements and resource justification
▪ Identifies and implements outsourcing strategies as agreed upon with IT management and in line with business needs
▪ As a member of the Global IT Leadership Team, lead and manage select global processes/programs to achieve business objectives. Work collaboratively to support and improve business performance and capabilities and ensure we fully leverage business investments.
▪ Committed to continuous improvement, proactively identify and evaluate opportunities for business driven technological innovation and development.
▪ Provides the cultural environment to develop, deliver and drive improvements in new capabilities, standards, and ways of working in the organization. Maintain a program of operational excellence and continuous improvement in IT operations.
▪ B.A. or B.S./M.S. (Advanced degree preferred) in Computer Science or related fields
▪ 20+ years of pharmaceutical/Information technology industry experience. 10+ years of supervisory and project management experience.
▪ Experience developing policy and directing operations across multiple functions
▪ Knowledge of GxP and Part 11 requirements for computer systems
▪ Expert knowledge of SDLC principles
▪ The ability to effectively manage a global team of professionals across multiple disciplines/functions
▪ Experience working effectively with all levels of management across an entire corporation
▪ Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
▪ Strong collaborative negotiation skills to handle issue escalation and to drive win-win outcomes
▪ Strong ability to communicate with IT and business leaders to understand requirements, expectations and value measures
▪ Strong listening, collaboration, and relationship development skills
▪ Strong communication skills – verbal and written
▪ Strong project and process management skills
▪ Clear understanding of what the IT organization can deliver and how that can be measured most effectively
▪ Analytical in his or her approach to problem solving, with a focus on managing in a matrix environment with attention to results and with a sense of urgency
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Not ready to apply?Join Our Talent Network
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing treatments for our patients.