Senior Director, Global Marketing, Companion Diagnostics
Req #: 16001820
Job Category: Sales and Marketing
Work Location: Celgene Summit 86 Morris Avenue Summit 07901
Organization: Celgene Corporation
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Level: Director
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human
health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our
science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Senior Director Companion Diagnostics (Sr Dir CDx) will have responsibility for designing & executing Celgene’s commercial companion diagnostics strategy in collaboration with key cross-functional stakeholders of the global
Celgene organization. This position will be responsible for ensuring an optimal commercial diagnostics development team and ensuring that portfolio priorities and development timelines are met. The successful candidate should have
extensive CDx experience, be a strong leader with excellent communication and collaboration skills and be able to translate the commercial CDx strategy into execution for our hematology and oncology portfolio and pipeline.
• Lead the design and implementation of Celgene’s commercial companion diagnostics strategy in collaboration with Project Leadership, Translational Medicine, Regulatory, Clinical Development, Market Access and affiliates.
• Represent the commercial priorities of Celgene’s hematology and oncology Franchise and provide commercial diagnostics expertise and guidance for Disease Strategy Teams and Global Project Teams across all stages of
development, including early development when companion diagnostic strategies are being formulated.
• Lead commercial evaluation of diagnostics platforms, actively seek new products/technologies, effectively partner and foster key collaboration with appropriate industry, academies and government partners in support of
Celgene CDx strategy.
• Develop and implement a long term plan for embedding critical companion diagnostics expertise in the Global Marketing team, as well as the cross-functional Project Team members.
• Contribute to development of internal and/or external communication pertaining to companion diagnostics, as appropriate
• Develop and oversee budget for assigned
• Manage consultants/agencies for key projects
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills, lead by example with a high level of emotional intelligence and dedicated to working collaboratively with other functional groups.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have
authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
BA/BS required; Scientific degree or Ph.D is strongly preferred. A minimum10 – 12 years industry experience with at least 2-4 years of leadership experience in companion diagnostics development in a diagnostic company setting or in a
Pharma CDx group.
• BA/BS required; Scientific degree or Ph.D is strongly preferred with with 10-12+ years of related leadership experience in companion diagnostics development, ideally in a diagnostic company setting or in a Pharma
• In depth scientific and commercial background in diagnostics development and drug development across all stages of development.
• Strong understanding of industry trends, the regulatory environment and regulatory, as well market access paths for in vitro diagnostics in US, Europe, Japan and other major markets.
• A record of thought leadership in designing successful commercial CDx strategies.
• Strong management experience with ability to set priorities, direct projects and implement complex strategies and work on cross-functional teams.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.