Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Global Project Manager reports to the Global Project Leader. He/she is accountable, with the Project Leader, to support the Global Project Team to successfully execute the project strategy, drug development, and lifecycle plan.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Celgene and externally partnered projects of high complexity with supervision from the project leader
- Support the Project Team to execute the project strategy, accountable to the project leader
- Develop and coordinate resource planning across functions to assure that adequate resources are being applied to the project
- Maintain both high level and detailed timelines with input from the functional departments, and assure that the functional timelines are aligned with global project timelines
- Track the various parts of the timeline with the sub-teams and bring issues to the project leader’s attention, participate in resolution and update the timeline on an on-going basis to allow transparency to the organization
- Serve as a member of sub-teams to assure that functional deliverables are completed on time, on budget and according to quality standards
- Establish a close partnering relationship with the clinical study managers to follow up on execution of clinical programs
- Assist the project leader in assuring a high performance team spirit and high functioning team
- Coordinate compilation of global project scope documents and plans
- Maintain the “playbook” which includes all key project tools and documents
- Prepare monthly progress reports and ad hoc reports as required
- Responsible for the conduct and deliverables of Project Team meetings
- Identify project risks with input from the line functions, and support resolving project issues
- Ensure all decisions made at the Global Project Team meeting are assessed as to their impact - positive, negative or neutral on the current plan, budget and available resources
- Partner with Project Management Operations to implement best practices across project teams e.g., resource capacity planning, project risk management, team performance, timeline development, portfolio management
- Assure that the Celgene values are demonstrated in all aspects of the team work
- Responsibilities may vary based on project and stages of development (early, late, and lifecycle)
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 10 years Pharma experience/5 years Project management experience or equivalent; MS/MBA 7 years Pharma experience/2 years project management experience or equivalent; PhD 5 years Pharma experience/2 years project management experience or equivalent. Understanding of drug development project management. PMP certification desirable.
- Excellent project management skills, including experience in planning activities
- Prior experience in drug development project management
- A global understanding of the drug development process, including clinical operations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Strong strategic thinking, creativity, interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of the project budgeting process including financial planning/expenditures
- Ability to hold oneself and others accountable for commitments in a productive and assertive manner
- Proven track record in a cross-functional matrix environment, with ability to influence to outcomes without direct organizational authority
- Effective knowledge/familiarity with planning systems and project management tools including systems (ex MS project, Microsoft Visio, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others within and across functions/teams and with external partners/collaborators
- Capable of managing meetings within a multicultural environment
- Specific early development, late development, and lifecycle knowledge a plus, i.e. experience in research, disease areas, regulatory, reimbursement etc.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.