Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
1. Purpose and Scope of Position
The Assoc. Analyst, QC Chemistry, is responsible for routine analysis of utility samples to ensure
that samples meet required specifications. The Assoc. Analyst is also responsible for support
activities in the laboratory to ensure the laboratory has glassware and solutions available to perform
2. Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Basic PC skills
· Basic math skills
· Basic written and verbal communication skills
· Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
· Basic cGMP documentation skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Basic knowledge of laboratory safety practices
· Ability to use basic hand tools
· Ability to use basic instrumentation and instrument software, including but not limited to TOC,
Conductivity meter, and PSA
· Ability to perform basic wet chemistry tests, including but not limited to titrations, ROI and pH
· Ability to use PPE effectively
· Ability to collaborate with peers on day-to-day tasks; cooperative and works well with a team
· Ability to communicate effectively with peers and department management
· Ability to accurately and completely understand and follow SOP, test method, and cGMP
requirements; uses good judgment and follows procedures
· Basic knowledge of cGMP, OSHA, DEA, USP, EP, and JP; ability to deal appropriately with
· Ability to work highly supervised; solicits direction from supervisor
· Demonstrates personal organizational skills
· Actively seeks opportunities to learn
· Ability to pass an initial full physical with annual monitoring
3. Duties and Responsibilities
Perform testing of utility samples.
· Perform various wet chemistry and analytical chemistry methods.
· Follow methods and procedures, with strict adherence to cGMP documentation requirements.
· Complete all work assigned in a timely manner.
· Work and communicate effectively within the team to ensure timelines are met.
· Report all identified problems to designated senior personnel.
Prepare various solutions needed to support method performance; for example, mobile phase, needle
· Prepare solutions per appropriate procedures using appropriate techniques.
· Document in accordance with cGMP requirements.
Participate in housekeeping performance and audits.
· Perform housekeeping on a regular schedule.
· Communicate effectively with management and coworkers regarding housekeeping needs.
Review status of supplies and reagents to ensure items are ordered as needed.
· Participate in inventory audits to keep the laboratory stocked.
· Place orders for reagents, per management approval.
· Communicate effectively with management and coworkers regarding supply needs.
Perform other tasks as assigned.
4. Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· 1 years relevant work experience required, preferably in a regulated industry.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
5. Working Conditions
· This position requires regular medical surveillance and may require incumbent to wear a
respirator or gown.
· The incumbent must be able to distinguish colors and possess correctable vision to 20/20,
annual eye exam is required.
· The incumbent must analyze numerical values on a daily basis.
· The incumbent will be working a laboratory setting up to 6 hours per day.
· The incumbent will occasionally be working around hazardous materials to include chemical
agents up to 6 hours per day.
· The incumbent often works for extended periods alone, up to 8 hours per shift.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the
person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those
functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities
assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or
secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform
any other job-related duties as requested by management.Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Not ready to apply?Join Our Talent Network
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing treatments for our patients.