Other Locations:US- NJ- Warren
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Training & Development Coordinator
Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 1-3 years relevant experience in a laboratory setting.
The Training & Development Coordinator is responsible for the successful implementation of the site Training Program. This position ensures the successful coordination of training activities, including scheduling, ordering, ensuring space availability, etc. This position also assists with the development of course content, and helps to facilitate the new hire onboarding program.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Implements training programs that meet regulatory requirements & business needs including:
- Works with the training team to create training schedules that ensure personnel are trained in a timely fashion.
- Works with the Manager on an on-going basis to implement training goals and meet KPI’s.
- Facilitates the flow of training documentation to ensure proper record keeping.
- Assists in the design of course content and procedures including TRNs for training programs as necessary.
- Collaborates with the Manager and Quality to identify trends which may require amendment to training programs.
- Conducts needs assessments to identify skill gaps.
- Assists in the implementation of the local new hire Training Program including:
- Promotes and exhibit core Celgene values in onboarding and training activities.
- Maintains an on-the-job training schedule that accommodates individuals of various levels of experience and follows all regulatory and technical requirements.
- Performs administrative tasks such as scheduling training sessions, ordering training supplies, coordinating enrollment, and completing documentation.
- Communicates with different departments to ensure new hires have access to all necessary systems and security.
- Maintains the training status of new hires and communicates progress to Department Management.
- Collaborate with members of internal teams to drive process improvements and assist with implementation of changes by utilizing quality systems.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 1-3 years of relevant experience in a clinical laboratory or blood/cell culture processing environment.
- Familiarity with industry best practices and standards
- Basic skills in design, development, and implementation of training.
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Requires a high level of organizational and time management skills.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills which enable appropriate collaboration with trainees, colleagues, and subject-matter experts.
- Able to work in a team environment to complete routine tasks.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with Trainees, relevant Department Management, and other team members.
- Responds to challenges and additional projects in an understanding, positive, and objective manner.
- Adaptable to dynamic conditions, work practices, and project timelines.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.