Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Associate Director, Otezla Global Marketing, I&I
Minimum 5 years industry experience with 3+ years of marketing/equivalent experience.
BA/BS required; MBA/graduate degree preferred.
The Associate Director, Otezla Global Marketing, Inflammation & Immunology (I&I) plays a key role in building the I&I franchise within Celgene. Assists in developing commercialization strategy and leads implementation of global strategic marketing and educational programs for OTEZLA. Works across global marketing team to support launch preparations of future indications in multiple geographies. Leads, develops and implements branding/promotional plans and tactics, including congresses and digital tactics. This position will partner with local marketing teams to ensure that the global strategy is aligned, developed through market insights, and is actionable across various geographies. Strong collaboration with global cross-functional teams, including finance, market research, agencies, corporate affairs, and medical affairs. Additionally, this role works closely with regional cross-functional teams and partners closely with marketers in country. The candidate must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization, with high expectations and accountability on quality of deliverables in partnership with various functional groups to achieve financial objectives. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced marketer seeking to join a high performing team committed to making a difference for patients.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leading and driving global congress execution (WCD, EULAR, EADV, etc.) by partnering with internal stakeholders and key external agencies around booth development, symposium, key customer events, internal newsletters, etc.
- ‘Acting as Commercial and Marketing partner to designated affiliate market(s) to drive Otezla business through deep market insights and pressure-testing of affiliate market strategic priorities and plans.
- Driving and supporting optimal global launch of OTEZLA through leadership and execution of live OTEZLA Global Brand Team (OGBT) meetings (2-4 times / year) that facilitate best practice sharing, strategy updates, and launch of key global initiatives.
- Leading direction and execution of Global Digital Strategy— gathering and aligning input from key markets and translating it to external agencies for execution. Includes owning competitive intelligence and benchmarking activities, key owned and earned media recommendations, and leading relevant application development.
- Driving execution of global website that is communicating and maintaining consistent global strategy while meeting complex and diverse local regulations.
- Leading the Digital Working Group to ensure Global and Markets are aware of and incorporating innovative, best-in-class digital capabilities across brands and franchise digital/online assets.
- Enabling and propelling organizational readiness by developing and maintaining global best practice and training assets through ownership of internal asset portal. Responsibilities include ensuring up to date and engaging global content, key content and creating internal communication plans to increase use and engagement with this portal, creating and maintaining analytics and recommending system enhancements.
- Supporting the development and implementation of marketing strategies that optimize the focus indication(s) of OTEZLA, including development of promotional and or disease state campaigns, messages, programs and sales tools
- Leading tactical execution of various marketing initiatives
- Developing and executing against key promotional/marketing materials and obtaining approval through appropriate committees.
- Engaging with External Experts as needed to ensure creation and seamless roll out of high impact, high value marketing tools
- Supporting all budget aspects for own projects—partnering with team members, finance and external vendors to ensure timely and accurate spend/updates; participate in financial and brand planning activities for team.
- Partnering with Global Marketing colleagues in development of all aspects of marketing brand plans for OTEZLA. Includes collaborating across key functions to ensure a well-integrated Global Brand Plan.
- Leading Otezla Brand Internal Communications (e.g., Global Newsletter and O-Zone intranet site) and support I&I Franchise Communications online.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience with 3+ years of marketing/equivalent experience. BA/BS required; MBA/graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility within sales and marketing
- High-level strategic thinking with the ability to concisely translate complex scientific topics to a wide range of audiences
- Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive business results in a heavily matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure outstanding execution
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Results oriented individual who demonstrates ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Demonstrated success in executing tactics required.
- Must be PC literate in Microsoft Office.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.