Other Locations:Switzerland- Boudry
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Clinical Program Lead is a senior medical leader within the Global Clinical R & D function and is responsible for leading clinical program(s) for one or more compounds in multiple indications and high complexity. Accountable, as a leader within assigned global therapeutic area, for the design, implementation, execution and submission/approval of clinical development program(s) to support decision milestones, regulatory requirements and commercial and financial targets. May have people management responsibilities for study level medical directors with responsibility for designing and executing clinical trials, and running programs focused in assigned therapeutic areas for Phases 1 through 3, including biomarkers, proof-of-concept and full development.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 8 years of involvement in clinical research or drug development in an industry environment spanning clinical activities in Phases I through IV.
- 8 years of demonstrated leadership and accomplishment in all aspects of conducting clinical trials (e.g., planning, executing, reporting and publishing), or section of clinical programs in a global/matrix environment (including remote) in pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- People management experience preferred, this may include management in a matrix environment. Global people management experience desirable.
- Excellent leadership, management, interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation and diplomatic skills, experience with health authorities required
- Considerable organizational awareness (e.g., inter-relationship of departments, business priorities), including significant experience working cross-functionally and in global teams.
- In-depth Medical/scientific and operational expertise in hematology/oncology. Demonstrated technical knowledge and innovation in clinical development study designs that provide relevant evidence to decision-makers.
- Create complex strategies to develop the franchise or product and successfully articulate this to various constituents such as governance committees, project teams, clinical sub-teams, and other senior management to build enthusiasm, passion and commitment.
- Build teams by understanding the skills and capabilities needed to effectively meet goals and objections and align them with the talents and capabilities of team members.
- Reinforce open-mindedness, diversity of thought, collaboration, best practice sharing and risk taking among team members and stakeholder groups.
- Make significant decisions and recommendations and persuasively present data and support materials to gain approval and sponsorship for projects from senior management.
- Optimize extensive knowledge of the clinical development process and strong relationships with team members, colleagues and internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.
- Foster innovation and informed risk taking among staff members and study team colleagues.
- Act as an agent for change when new projects are launched or priorities change by creating and communicating value proposition or business rationale.
- Present opinions and recommendations persuasively and authoritatively utilizing compelling information, strong influencing skills, personal credibility and strength of one’s convictions and commitment.
- Handle obstacles and roadblocks by anticipating challenges and preparing well thought out arguments and contingencies.
Garner support for projects and recommendations through on-going collaboration, open and influential communications and commitment to improvement/change.