Other Locations:Germany- Munich
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Under the direction of the Business Unit Director Hematology, this individual will be responsible for directing the complete country sales force in the domestic market for the sale of Revlimid®, Imnovid®, Vidaza® and other future Hematology products the company may promote. The Sales Director will define and implement the strategic sales direction, objectives and incentive scheme, to maximize sales of Celgene`s products in the country. The Sales Director is responsible for the individual coaching and development of her/his sales team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Building, maintaining & steering a high performing Sales Organization
- Responsible for exceeding German Affiliate Sales Targets for the Hematology brands, with strong focus on Revlimid®.
- Further build the sales organization culture based on Celgene values and with strong focus on cross-functional collaboration acting as a role model regarding health care compliance.
- Manage and develop the Regional Business Managers, including hiring, field training, coaching, management training, evaluation, motivation, incentives, compensation and disciplinary activities.
- Determine most efficient development of financial and people resources at a regional level and assist in future sales force expansion or redeployments. Support, direct (as needed) and coach the Regional Business Managers to ensure effective implementation of all promotional activities to support sales and marketing strategies. B
- uild field force capability through the pro-active identification, leadership and execution of initiatives to make the customer facing sales team as effective as they can be.
- Works closely with the national sales project manager to identify and execute national and regional sales projects which are fully aligned with Brand Strategy.
- Track and monitor the Sales Team National Metrics in cooperation with Sales Analytics concerning the CRM-Systems and implement corrective measures as needed.
- Be involved in the change strategy necessary for the future success of the Business Unit and instrumental in leading management of change within the sales function.
Contribute to Sales Strategy & Operational Planning:
- Identify opportunities in the market place and communicate environmental opportunities and challenges to the Hematology Business Unit Director, Marketing Director, and Medical Affairs Director through regular exchange.
- Actively contribute to the LE forecasting process.
- Actively contribute to the creation of the Brand specific Operational Plans with accountability for the development of sales operational pan.
- Ensure the creation of high quality regional and local sales action plans. Contribute to the evaluation and implementation of new promotional models.
Communication & Collaboration:
- Build and maintain effective communication channels between the Regional Business Managers, Hematology Business Unit Director, Marketing Director, National Sales Project Manager and Medical Affairs Director.
- Represent the Sales Organization in the Hematology Management Team.
- Strong identification with Celgene’s values
- Bachelor of Science in Business or Science; minimum 10 year`s experience, four in industry management, in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical industry; experience in sale of Hematology or Oncology products preferred
- Track record of field force management and leadership skills; demonstrated history of effective interpersonal skills, ability to provide performance feedback, strong written and verbal skills, good presentation skills, an effective evaluator of performance, and analytical ability
- Proven ability to create and lead a country selling organization capable for achieving the country sales forecast
- Flexibility and Ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments. Strong project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks
- Extensive experience in all aspects of developing, implementing and maintaining commercial strategies to meet organizational objectives
- Always effective communication. Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective and influential presentations
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, influence, execute
- Comfortable with high amount of travel (up to 60%)
- Charismatic leader with strong communication skills and natural networker
- Fluent in spoken English including sound presentation skills in English
- Ability to influence and inspire across levels and geographies