Other Locations:Switzerland- Zurich
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
This Field Based Medical Affairs position is part of the Medical Team and provides a bridge between external customer and the commercial organization. Under the direction of the Medical Affairs Lead, this position is responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with medical experts and other healthcare professionals involved in various phases of product life cycle (clinical development, launch and commercialization) to establish Celgene as a partner in the Neurology community. This position is providing strategic and medical information on Multiple Sclerosis indication and collaborates closely with other functions, e.g marketing, market access, clinical development and sales.
This position builds awareness around the Celgene new indication and supports the product launch in alignment with the overall medical strategy by exchanging scientific information with external experts and supporting initiation of clinical trials and medical projects. This is a field-based position and requires professionals with established credibility to interact with thought leaders and centers of excellence. The position involves travel of more than 50% within Switzerland.
Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with current and future external medical experts and regional healthcare providers with an interest in Multiple Sclerosis.
- Gathers competitive intelligence and external experts’ insights that may impact establishment or market access of a new products by mapping/profiling the KOL/decision makers and sites in accordance with segmentation assigned in neurology space.
- Takes the lead in mapping the centers and research activities, and performing gap analysis in the assigned geographical area in Switzerland
- Provides the scientific and educational information to healthcare professionals and MS specialists on important aspects of treatment landscapes. Critically reviews the literature and develops peer-to-peer relationship with KOLs
- Provides internal trainings for sales and/or other functions on scientific data and product important characteristics
- Supports the team for development of brand strategies and key marketing messages in line with compliance guidelines
- Works cross-functionally with local brand team members (marketing, market access, public affairs etc.) to develop and maintain sustainable value propositions for the MS assets, with patients at the center
- Acts as an important internal partner for Celgene and provides continuous input on customers´ views on our products and pipeline
- Contributes to development of affiliate medical affairs plans
- Act as the primary contact and manages investigator initiated trials or research in the corresponding geographical area; aligns the customer’s expectations as well as prepares studies for internal review
- Collaborate with colleagues in clinical operations to support delivery of patient enrollment in Celgene clinical trials through identification of appropriate trial sites, feasibility and provision of feedback (as required)
- Takes the lead in local external medical education activities to support the brand (symposia, workshops, organized preceptorship etc.)
- Deliver scientific interactions/presentations /discussions in response to unsolicited requests in accordance with the relevant Celgene processes
- Organizes local advisory board meetings
- Develops a proactive approach to gathering therapeutic area scientific and market insights allowing anticipation of issues and opportunities
- Attendance at national/international congresses for the purposes of learning and provision of scientific support in the scientific area of booths at national/international congresses
- Identifies the opportunities and develops publication plans, materials and congress reviews and medical information
- MD, pharmacist or PhD with work experience in the area of Multiple Sclerosis
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Medical Affairs in the field, or 5-7 years of scientific experience preferably in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry or similar academic institution
- Effective communication at all times. Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective and influential presentations
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- External customer focus with strong networking capabilities and integration with KOLs
- Ability to be accountable for the scientific and clinical activities undertaken with a respective clinician, developing an appropriate strategic plan for these activities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt priorities according to business and strategic needs.
- Demonstrated ongoing willingness to learn and develop
- High proficiency in problem solving ability and strong scientific analytical skills.
- Knowledge of scientific methods, research design and medical practices and procedures that would be acquired through clinical experience and clinical research studies.
- Excellent skills in interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong computer skills required, specifically Windows software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Outlook
- Fluent written and spoken German, English, French desired (required for certain geographical regions)
- Strong identification with Celgene’s values