Other Locations:US- CO- Denver; US- UT- Salt Lake City; US- AZ- Phoenix
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Regional Medical Liaison (RML) is a member of a field-based team of scientists who function as an extension of the Medical Affairs organization. RMLs are responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with medical thought leaders involved in various phases of product development. RMLs provide medical information through scientific exchange in a fair-balanced manner and provide clinical/scientific support for Celgene and the Medical Affairs department at the direction of Medical Affairs management.
This is a field-based position and requires professionals with established creditability to interact with thought leaders and centers of excellence. The position involves travel of more than 50%.
Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with the Managed Markets /Account Manager Teams to identify scientific and medical support needs at key managed care, institutional and federal accounts for marketed and pipeline products in the Immunology & Inflammation therapeutic area
- Provide scientific and medical support to Managed Markets/Account Managers
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with health care providers and key formulary influencers and respond to inquiries to establish and/or further the knowledge of Celgene I & I products
- Conduct formulary committee scientific presentations and facilitate discussions about Celgene products as requested by key accounts and institutions
- Collaborate with Managed Care Marketing, Account Management and other teams as needed to develop scientific and business strategies pertinent to each account
- Maintains working account knowledge of the clinical decision-maker’s product thought processes, formulary review and approval process, and various clinical/pharmacy touch points within the account
- Integrates the clinical value proposition with the overall account plan meeting the payer’s medical need and internal account objectives
- Identify and facilitate potential pharmacoenconomic and Managed Care-initiated studies and refer requests for research grants to the appropriate Celgene committees as directed
- Incorporate HEOR responsibilities as needed including presentations of Budget Impact Models
- Provide scientific support for regional Managed Care and Health Economics consultants and advisory board activities as needed
- Assist with educating Managed Care Account Managers and others on product clinical data and understanding of technical information within the therapeutic area
- Coordinate the development of Managed Care Symposia and Continuing Education seminars for major Managed Care Conferences (AMCP, PCMA, etc)
- Attend assigned medical and scientific meetings and symposia to: a) maintain awareness of current issues and new data pertaining to Celgene I&I products; b) develop and maintain relationships with Managed Care Plans; c) support appropriate use of Celgene I&I products and greater utilization of its services and d) support Account Managers in answering unsolicited questions within Managed Care Plans
- Communicates insights in both directions bringing account’s thoughts to Celgene I & I and testing Celgene insights with the accounts as needed.
- Provide monthly report on scientific support activities in the territory to key internal Celgene I & I Stakeholders and management
- Must live anywhere within the Western US Territory near a major airport (West of the Mississippi).
- Completed Bachelor’s degree required.
- Completed MD, DO, PharmD, MSN, PhD or MS in a scientific discipline highly desired.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Medical Affairs and/or drug development supporting specialty care compounds/products required.
- 3-5 years clinical or medical affairs experience in inflammation/immunology (GI, rheumatology or dermatology) therapeutic area(s) required.
- Managed Care RML Experience strongly preferred
- Immune-based inflammatory disease experience preferred
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.