Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Director of Forecasting will strategically plan, develop and report on all Six-Quarter Forecasts, the annual forecast (budget) and Long Range Plans (LRP) in support of the U.S. Commercial I&I Leadership Team. Forecasts will be for current and future products and indications in the US I&I. This role will report to the Executive Director, Commercial Insights and Analytics and will manage all US I&I Commercial forecasts.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supports the US Commercial Management team for the I&I business. The candidate is responsible for the development of strategic forecasts for in-line and pipeline products for the US I&I business, including forecast modeling and analysis.
- Leads regular meetings and partners with the US Leadership Team to provide updates of in-line forecasts and sales analysis. Presents forecasts and assumptions to U.S. Commercial Leadership.
- Participates on and often leads cross-functional teams whose members may include US Marketing, Sales, Market Research, Market Access, Sales Operations, Business Development, Manufacturing, and Finance.
- Partners with U.S. Marketing, Market Analytics, and Global BP&A to align on analysis, all assumptions, and definitions of patient segments for current and future therapeutic areas and products.
- Collaborates with Finance and Market Access to share information for gross-to-net forecasts and other key financial assumptions and ensures all forecasts are completed with the highest level of precision.
- Translates and facilitates patient unit forecast into the financial forecasts.
- Drives forecast performance tracking based on defined metrics.
- Partners with Director of Analytics to align investment analysis plan across all functional areas in Commercial analytics. Establishes integrated market model mix investment analysis plan.
- Partners with the Senior Director of Finance to align all forecasts.
- Regular deliverables include forecasts for the current quarter, 6-Quarter Forecast, Budget, 5-year Long-Range Plan, and input to the manufacturing forecasts. Responsible for the planning, execution, and presentation of all deliverables.
- Provides strategic direction for the Forecasting Team and drives innovation to find new forecasting approaches and techniques.
- BS/BA required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of industry experience, with relevant experience in Forecasting, market-mix modeling, or Financial Analysis. Specialty Biotech experience a plus.
- Direct people management experience preferred. Ability to lead in a changing organization during times of organizational growth.
- Expertise in pharmaceutical/biotech data sets.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate across multiple functions and levels.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, cross-functional projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team player in a very fast-paced environment.
- Advanced Excel knowledge and experience; additional PC skills including Word and PowerPoint.
- Travel as required 5-10%
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.