Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Global Project Manager reports to the Global Project Leader. He/she is accountable, with the Project Leader, to support the Global Project Team to successfully execute the project and drug development strategy, as well as lifecycle plan.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsibilities may vary based on project and stages of development (early, late, and lifecycle)
- Manage projects of varying complexity with supervision from the project leader
- Support the Project Team to execute the project strategy and achieve project team goals, and is accountable to the project leader
- Responsible for the conduct and deliverables of Project Team meetings.
- Assist the project leader in assuring a high-performance team spirit and high functioning team
- Identify project risks with input from the line functions, and support resolving project issues
- Ensure all decisions made at the Global Project Team meeting are assessed as to their impact - positive, negative or neutral on the current plan, budget and available resources
- Ensure that team recommendations related to project direction in need of endorsement by Decision Committees are planned for review by the Committees and updates on projects are planned with Decision Committees
- Responsible for developing and coordinating resource planning across functions to assure that adequate resources are applied to the project
- Maintains high level timelines and detailed timelines with input from the functional departments, ensuring that the functional timelines are aligned with global project and study team timelines
- Tracks the various parts of the timeline with the sub-teams and brings issues to the project leader attention, participating in resolution, updates timeline on an on-going basis to allow transparency to the organization
- Serves as member of sub-teams to assure that functional deliverables are completed on time, on budget and according to quality standards
- Establish a close partnering relationship with the clinical study teams and study managers to follow up on execution of clinical programs
- Coordinate compilation of global project scope documents
- Maintain the IDP, which includes all key project tools and documents
- Prepare monthly progress reports and ad hoc reports as required
- Partner with Project Management Operations to implement best practices across project teams e.g., resource capacity planning, project risk management, team performance, timeline development, portfolio management
- Position could include significant participation in development of Project Management tools, templates, processes, working with Project Management Operations group
- Assure that the Celgene values are demonstrated in all aspects of the team work
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 5 years of pharma experience/3 years Project Management experience or equivalent; PMP certification desirable.
- Scientific education background helpful
- Excellent project management skills and results driven
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Effectively utilizes information technology systems and project management tools including systems (MS project, Microsoft Visio, Excel)
- Possesses a global understanding of the drug development process, (more or less extensive depending on level and scope of project assigned) including clinical operations, and a cross-cultural awareness
- Ability to effectively manage conflicts and negotiations while providing impact and influence
- Knowledge of project budgeting process including financial planning/expenditures (AD level)
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and planning skills
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.