Other Locations:US- Offsite
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Clinical Specialist (CS) will serve as a cross functional customer focused single point of contact to provide detailed support to investigational treatment site teams participating in clinical trials or administering chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell products. The CS will work with the GCRD and Global Trial Management/Monitoring (GTMM) teams as well as Medical Affairs and Commercial Teams to provide scientific and medical input into CAR T projects. This includes training and education as well as problem solving in the conduct and operations of clinical trials.
- The CS will serve as a single-point-of-contact for product & process related questions at CAR T treatment sites in an effort to ensure process consistency and compliance from study start up onwards. An ability to identify, prevent, and solve logistical issues that would delay or prevent study site activation and individual subject treatment is critical. The CS becomes a product, protocol and project subject matter expert to support internal and external customers. Extensive travel to North American investigational sites for CAR T programs is mandatory and essential.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Coordinate and support site with all aspects of the vein to vein process for the development of CAR T cells Prevention of, and response to, issues during enrollment and conduct of clinical trials. Develop subject matter expertise in CAR T cell therapy and management of adverse events and clinical trials of CAR T cells. Accelerate site activation and recruitment. Develop internal and external training materials Provide internal and external guidance and training on implementation of CAR T cell therapies Support with site qualification and training for Aphaeresis procedure Develop working knowledge of ATMPs and related regional/local regulations Develop a site specific CAR-T network, ensuring multi-disciplinary participation and coordination of patient management
The CS will serve as a “bridge” for the treatment sites to ensure process consistency and support from clinical development phase through post-approval commercialization phase.
- Work with CRAs, GTMM and clinical trial sites to coordinate on-boarding activities:
- Training of all key stakeholders at treatment site (e.g., pharmacy, physicians, nursing staff and ICU)
- Facilitate customized hospital ordering and logistics, processes in an effort to ensure consistent cell logistics outcomes
- Coordinate mock shipment with Cell Lab (as needed)
- Demonstrate the patient allocation / manufacturing sign-up process
- Ensure product tracking and timely access to appropriate Celgene resources
- Provide on-site support to answer questions and ensure appropriate support from subject matter experts
- Support appropriate education of referring physicians (e.g., appropriate patients, apheresis timing)
- Ensure ready access to rescue medicines (e.g., anti-cytokine therapies) are available
- Regularly share treatment site experience and challenges with appropriate Celgene functions and develop custom solutions as needed
- Facilitate the compliant approval and on-boarding of new CAR T treatment centers:
- Conduct site capabilities, perform process assessment and confirm site certification
- Facilitate training of apheresis staff to perform apheresis and provide quality starting manufacturing material
- Support ordering, logistics, and communication processes as needed
- Ensure consistent, timely delivery of CAR T products
- Connect treatment site with appropriate Celgene subject matter experts to address “just-in-time” needs
- Actively participate in regular scheduling/logistics meetings to review cell status, logistics, etc.
- Train and interact with Celgene Medical Affairs and Commercial teams to shape future commercialization plans
- Support long term follow-up studies for patients enrolled on clinical trials of CAR T cells and commercial use
- Undergraduate degree in life sciences required. Advanced degree in the life sciences (e.g. PharmD, NP, PA, RN) preferred.
- Prior customer- facing role in pharmaceutical industry also preferred
- Working knowledge and experience in the treatment of hematologic malignancies including acute leukemias, non-Hodgkins lymphoma, and multiple myeloma
- Allogeneic stem cell transplant or apheresis experience preferred
- Extensive medical/scientific and clinical research knowledge
- Ability to rapidly solve problems and deal with organizational complexity
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Knowledge of clinical trial design, basic statistics, pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Knowledge of GCP and ICH Guidelines
- Detail-oriented, well-organized
- Domestic Travel required
- Clinical project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Microsoft project and JReview a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to interface cross-functionally with clinical personnel.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Prior experience as a medical monitor, clinical science or medical liaison, health care provider valuable
- Interest in working with medical affairs and commercial teams
- Demonstrated ability to network and build partnerships with important external customers
- Strong leadership skills with a clear service orientation
Ability to assimilate technical and scientific information quickly
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.