Other Locations:US- NJ- Warren
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Associate Bioengineer II
Celgene Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue on our path of rapid growth. If you’d like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Celgene family.
B.S. or M.S. in Biochemical, Chemical, or Biomedical Engineering or Cell Biology/Immunology or related discipline
Design, perform, and interpret experiments, with little supervision, focused on appropriate goals, participate in process transfers, troubleshoot issues, and support GMP manufacturing activities. Ensure smooth day-to-day operation of the cell culture laboratory and communicate with collaborators. Participate in process characterization and validation activities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- With minimal supervision, design and execute/implement cellular process development, characterization, and optimization studies on one or more of the following areas: cell culture, cell harvesting, immuno-selection, tissue processing, cryopreservation, phenotyping, transduction etc.
- Design well-controlled experiments, perform data analysis, and summarize empirical results, with moderate technical/scientific supervision and feedback
- Provide technical support to clinical manufacturing
- Present results within departmental technical reviews
- Organize, record and maintain experimental data and document in reports
- Anticipate and fill supply needs in support of development activities
- Ensure proper operation and perform routine maintenance of all laboratory equipment
- Assist other staff to complete all laboratory tasks as necessary
- Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with policies/procedures/regulations
- B.S. in Biochemical, Chemical, or Biomedical Engineering or Cell Biology/Immunology related discipline with 3-6 years of relevant experience or M.S. with 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Must have excellent organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Highly motivated, willingness to acquire new skills and ability to work with minimal operational supervision
- Must have engineering or scientific knowledge appropriate for cellular process development
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique
- Experience working in a regulated environment would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in statistical data processing software such as JMP, Minitab, or Excel
- Ability to review, interpret, and disseminate relevant developments in the literature
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.