Other Locations:US- NJ- Warren
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Associate Bioengineer I
B.S. in Biochemical, Chemical, or Biomedical Engineering or
Cell Biology/Immunology or related discipline
Perform and document experiments focused on appropriate goals, troubleshooting, and support of GMP manufacturing activities. Participate in day-to-day operation of the cell culture laboratory. Participate in process characterization and validation activities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Execute/implement cellular process development, characterization, and optimization studies on one or more of the following areas: cell culture, cell harvesting, immuno-selection, tissue processing, cryopreservation, phenotyping, transduction etc.
- Perform data analysis and summarize experimental results, with supervision as appropriate
- Interact with research and manufacturing teams supporting process transfer and supply
- Maintain and deliver sufficient supply of appropriate grade material for pre-clinical studies in accordance with timelines, and participate in clinical supply campaigns with manufacturing staff
- Organize, record and maintain experimental data and document in reports and presentations
- Prepare and maintain cell culture reagents and media
- Ensure sufficient laboratory supplies for daily laboratory operations
- Ensure proper operation and perform routine maintenance of all laboratory equipment
- Assist other staff to complete all laboratory tasks as necessary
- Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with policies/procedures/regulations
- B.S. in Biochemical, Chemical, or Biomedical Engineering or Cell Biology/Immunology related discipline with 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Must have excellent organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Highly motivated, willingness to acquire new skills
- Must have engineering or scientific knowledge appropriate for cellular process development
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique is preferred
- Knowledge of cGMP and SOP development would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in statistical data processing software such as JMP, Minitab, or Excel
- Ability to review and interpret the literature
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.