Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Under the direction of senior management, responsible for general project and administrative support duties within Business Development team. This candidate should have the ability to handle confidential material (with discretion) which is critical to the position. In addition, good interpersonal skills, a team perspective and willingness to work with others are also essential requirements.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Actively support and facilitate projects associated within the Business Development area as well as individual projects assigned by the CVP, Business Development.
- Responsible for logistics of meetings with external development partners, including scheduling meetings and hosting the visitors.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and prepare travel itinerary and related activities, and submit expense reports in the Concur expense reporting system.
- Manage internal and external electronic and written correspondence to help meet all communication needs of the Business Development group.
- Effectively partner with all departments within Celgene and provide cross-functional support with other Celgene departments.
- Provide administrative support to members of the Business Development team for day-to-day operations as well as individual projects as needed.
- Responsible for scheduling, organizing and recording staff meetings.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining all record keeping in accordance with record retention policies and legal requirements
- Manage staff calendars, updating monthly schedule, including scheduling of conference room usage.
- Prepare and proof presentation materials.
- Open, sort and distribute mail, fax documents, keep files, order office supplies and maintain supplies.
- Telephone coverage as assigned.
- Assist in scheduling interviews for candidates.
- Maintains confidentiality of all corporate matters pertaining to area of responsibility.
- Other duties related to the above within Celgene, as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree; minimum of 5 years’ work experience supporting diverse groups (or equivalent)
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be a team player and be willing to work in an environment where individual initiative, accountability to the team, and professional maturity are required.
- Must be able to represent the department in a professional manner to internal and external customers.
- Experience in creating expense reports and ability to quickly learn and adapt to Celgene`s expense reporting and filing system
- Must be able to work with limited day-to-day supervision.
- High level of commitment and results-orientation is required.
- Strong PC experience: Microsoft Office Suite experience required including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Project, and expert computer acumen.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills required.
- Great attention to detail and tenacious follow up aligned with set processes
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.