Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Executive Director, Early Commercialization will be primarily responsible for the oversight of early assets developed through Celgene’s Thematic Centers of Excellence (TCoE). The role will require close collaboration within the Early Commercialization team, as well as with Global Market Insights, Global Project Leadership, Research & Early Development, TCoEs and the DSTs. Significant travel is expected including but not limited to west coast USA. This role will be based in Summit, New Jersey.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead Early Commercialization Subteam(s) in the development of commercial input/deliverables for early stage assets.
- Develop cross-disease, cross-disciplinary commercial recommendations for key early pipeline assets, including directional TPPs, preliminary market assessments (disease landscapes, competitive monitoring, unmet needs), financial analysis, indication prioritization, and initial value propositions.
- Lead initial branding and communication activities for key early assets– e.g, INN and/or new class naming, MoA communication, differentiation messaging.
- To develop the agenda, campaign messages & positioning for early assets.
- Collaborate with DSTs, G3M and GP&MA on pivotal trial design inputs (patient population, endpoints, correlative analysis etc.).
- Celgene commercial representative on relevant JXC’s.
- Prepare “white space disease” analysis to inform asset development in non-DST areas.
- Prepare and represent commercial portion of early project updates for governance committees.
- Participate in development of Celgene’s TCoE strategy through collaboration with TCoE leadership to understand short-and long-term strategy and objectives, identifying areas for commercial support.
- Monitor emerging competitive landscape pertaining to assigned TCoE area (and relevant competing mechanisms).
- Provide commercial perspective on future areas of unmet patient need to assist in prioritizing opportunities pertaining to the protein homeostasis early pipeline.
- Contribute to development of internal and/or external communication pertaining to protein homeostasis, as appropriate.
- Provide input into early stage BD opportunities.
- Develop and oversee budget for EC group.
- Manage consultants/agencies for key projects.
- Manage congress presence/congress CI coverage in collaboration with MI for major congresses—AACR, ASCO and ASH.
Successful candidate should possess:
- At least 10-12 years industry experience with at least 8 years of hematology/oncology marketing/commercialization experience.
- The ability to acquire/synthesize complex scientific/medical data and apply this effectively to the early commercialization processes.
- Experience in hematology/oncology marketing across early stage (desirable), launch and post launch products essential.
- Demonstrated track record across a broad range of competencies including knowledge of drug development, early drug development marketing, clinical trials acumen, product knowledge, therapeutic knowledge, situational analysis, positioning, message and campaign development, and forecasting/financial analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and align and engage stakeholders to drive performance.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and adaptability in a complex, rapidly changing environments.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams, synthesizing diverse perspectives into cohesive, aligned recommendation/deliverables, managing dissension along the way and championing team recommendation with upper management across functional areas.
- Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective and influential presentations.
- Strong project/process management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate Celgene Corporate Values through passion for the patient, courage to face our challenges and the unknown, trust in our words and our actions and excellence in delivering exceptional results.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.