Other Locations:US- CA- San Diego
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Research Alliance Operations Department has an exciting opportunity in Celgene Research & Development that involves working with some of the leading scientists and clinicians around the world who are engaged with us to uncover and develop novel treatments for life threatening diseases such as cancer and autoimmunity. The team provides broad support to Celgene scientists, discovery, and development teams to enable collaboration with research institutes worldwide in order to advance our drug discovery, translational development, and corporate objectives.
The Alliance Development Operations department is an administrative group responsible for accelerating and simplify pre-clinical alliance processes, coordinating and managing the external research agenda consistent with corporate objectives, and providing a transparent process in concert with a database portal accessible across the organization. In addition, Research Alliance supports internal functions such as Drug Discovery, Translational Development, Clinical Research and Medical Affairs, Commercial, Legal, Business Development and business to business preclinical alliances.
- Quality Control/Assurance: interface with research leaders, project teams and across divisions to ensure that scientific content, administrative content, application features, and dashboards are accurate and functioning properly within the alliance web portal. Ensures sufficient infrastructure to support quality initiatives.
- Reporting: supports alliance office and research division through data aggregation, reporting on study disease aims/classifications, oncology and inflammation target research, compound library outsourcing, biomarker research, financial figures, study milestones, and other metric fields as determined. Ability to analyze data and formulate solutions and conclusions.
- Data Retention: performs daily inquiries to collaborators, medical teams, and internal project champions to retain interim and final reports that emerge from such research. Takes a proactive approach to ensure reporting milestones are satisfied.
- Portal Gatekeeper: Archives research proposals and materials by reviewing and creating records in the Alliance Portal system. Collaborates with Scientific Software Development in the development and improvement of the Alliance Portal system. Responsible for user registration and internal training programs. Skill in providing necessary end user support and training of portal usage.
- Intranet: Manage department website for internal affairs and operations. Maintain and upkeep current department news for corporate showcasing.
- Oversight Committee: manages monthly scientific review agendas and documents/maintains meeting minutes. Understands the relevant scientific and technical principles required for collaborative research proposals.
- Internal and External Publication Clearances: Supports Drug Discovery, Translational Development, and Medical Affairs by coordinating publication clearances through Phase IIa clinical trials.
- Material Shipments and Compound Management: manage material transfer shipment releases in collaboration with medicinal chemistry. Provide technical support to investigators for respective compound management and handling instructions.
Requirements & Education
- BS Degree or equivalent experience with 2 years of industry or relevant experience. Motivation to independently increase skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, capable of applying knowledge to business practices and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the science involved.
Knowledge and Skills
- Capable of understanding verbal and written instructions pertaining to Research Alliance activities and assigned functions
- Facilitate clear and effective communications with foreign and domestic points of contact.
- Capable of carrying out assigned functions according to detailed procedures and methods in a high-quality, reliable manner; results driven
- Knowledge of scientific, medical, and pharmaceutical terminology
- Experience in document or records management processing
- Preferred experience in Oracle, DataVision, SharePoint, Salesforce or similar systems; ability to learn new applications
- Proficient in MS Office Programs (Excel, Power Point, Word, Access)
- Experience with business administration and web-based operating systems
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.