Other Locations:US- AZ- Phoenix
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Sr. Controls Technician, Maintenance
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
1. Purpose and Scope of Position
The Senior Controls Technician supports all maintenance efforts with an emphasis on HMI, PLC, Computer, and Controls related repairs, troubleshooting, and new installations. Responsibilities also include all maintenance tasks including documentation, preventative and predictive maintenance, on demand repairs, and troubleshooting. In addition, the Senior Controls Technician
will demonstrate exceptional communication skills to the immediate supervisor and internal customers.
2. Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of maintenance shop tools: (Ex. Drills, band saw, presses, and precision measuring devices).
- Intermediate knowledge of plant utility systems including high pressure steam, heating, water systems generation and distribution, ventilating and air conditioning.
- Intermediate knowledge of power transfer technology including mechanics, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Intermediate knowledge of machine controls including programmable logic controllers, relay logic, and operator interfaces.
- Intermediate knowledge of cGMP, OSHA, and ADEQ regulations.
- Ability to work independently for extended periods of time.
- Ability to pass an initial full physical.
- Requires flexibility and the ability to multi-task.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills.
- Requires ability to solve routine problems.
- Requires strong teamwork and facilitation skills.
- Requires familiarity with the following PLCs: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens, AutomationDirect, Mitsubishi, Omron, Aromat, Toshiba, etc.; and HMI or SCADA programming and configuration of any of the following software packages Wonderware, Rockwell, Intellution
3. Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes Preventative Maintenance and computerized control system maintenance on a wide variety of industrial equipment to ensure reliability and equipment optimization.
- Supports controls Engineers with technical support on multiple aseptic production lines and production support functions. Responsible for acting as a technical resource to the engineering, maintenance, and validation departments. This position will be responsible for controls systems testing, troubleshooting, repairs, and start-up assistance.
- Repairs equipment that is not functioning properly.
- Demonstrates electromechanical aptitude and computer literacy that supports the on time completion of assigned maintenance tasks throughout the site.
- Supports all maintenance efforts including documentation, preventative and predictive maintenance, on demand repairs, troubleshooting, and new installations.
- Responsible for developing relationships with key vendors for technical support and for assistance in hardware and software applications.
- Conducts inspection and repairs of manufacturing equipment in accordance with cGMP requirements.
- Conducts equipment evaluations.
- Performs Lock Out/Tag Out of industrial equipment.
- Must have a clear understanding of analytical troubleshooting.
- Performs energized electric work.
- Required to train and be certified in Arc Flash.
- Follows strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure quality, compliant maintenance activities are completed in a timely manner.
- Completes assigned work orders within allotted time frame.
- Supports the optimization of equipment within a sterile injectable Global Biopharmaceutical environment while adhering to strict regulations.
- Documents all repairs electronically in a clear concise manner free of errors.
- Provides on the job training.
- Participates in document revisions and enterprise quality resource management system assignments.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
4. Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3 years’ relevant work experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
5. Working Conditions
- The incumbent will be required to kneel, climb, bend, push, pull, reach, balance, and/or lift greater than 20 lbs. for 2 hours, approximately 5 times per week.
- The incumbent will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as, but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, and face shields.
- The incumbent will be required to stand for extended periods of time, up to 6 hours per day.
- The incumbent will be required to crawl through small spaces 3 or 4 times per month.
- This position requires regular medical surveillance and may require incumbent to wear a respirator or gown.
- The incumbent often works for extended periods alone, up to 8 hours per shift.
- The incumbent must analyze complex numerical values on a daily basis.
- The incumbent must communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- The incumbent will be working around hazardous materials to include chemical agents at least 2 hours per day.
- The incumbent’s environment may be greasy and the workspace may be constricted.
- The incumbent’s environment may have excessive noise.
6. Definitions and Abbreviations
- ADEQ: Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
- cGMP: Current Good Manufacturing Practice
- OSHA: Occupational Safety and Health Administration
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.