Other Locations:UK- Stockley Park
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Medical Affairs Advisor is a critical role within the I&I Medical team. This role will be responsible for ensuring the development and delivery of the full range of medical activities undertaken in the UK & Ireland affiliate.
The Medical Advisor will assist in the development of, and conduct a variety of Medical Affairs initiatives. He/she will also provide technical/scientific consultation to both the medical and the commercial teams to ensure accuracy and compliance with the Celgene standard and local rules and regulations
A registered medical practitioner or pharmacist registered in the UK/or with a license to practice in another country.
The candidate will ideally have experience in the field of rheumatology and/or dermatology and will be looking to expand their industry experience or make their first move into an industry role.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop & provide therapy area expertise to be able to input / inform company decisions on specified therapeutic areas
- Work collaboratively and provide scientific support to marketing, regulatory, market access, pharmacovigilance & the wider disease team
- Develop an appropriate franchise strategy working in partnership with the Senior Medical Affairs Advisor and wider cross functional team. Responsible for the tactical implementation of medical strategy within the wider disease team franchise plan
- Develop relationships with existing and emerging Key Opinion Leaders and relevant organisations
- Develops a good working knowledge of ABPI/IPHA Codes of Practice and Celgene Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) with the aim of being able to advise on compliance issues and certify materials.
- Provide input to Health Technology Appraisals or other market access submissions as required
- Development & delivery of medical / scientific training. Ensuring training of staff to meet technical, medical and interpersonal challenges of their roles
- Develop scientific presentations
- Review training documents to check medical accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with Marketing counterparts
- Develop and assess promotional materials to ensure that all claims are fully supported by scientific data and are in accordance with the ABPI Code of Practice.
- Provide strategic input into the development and execution of clinical trials activities and publication plans
- Provide scientific input & feedback on Post Marketing Study proposals
- Ensure adverse events and pregnancy reports are duly processed in line with company procedures and assist in assessment of adverse event reports originating in the UK and Ireland for completeness, consistency and reporting requirements
- Advise on medical safety or clinical issues as required
- Regularly review clinical articles relating to therapeutic area and attend update events such as scientific meetings, conferences/symposia to maintain therapy area knowledge
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Registered medical practitioner or pharmacist registered in the UK or with evidence of license to practice in another country
- Understanding of pharmaceutical industry
- Strategic thinker with adaptable & diplomatic approach
- Understanding of the ABPI Code of Practice id desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organisational skills
- Strong identification with Celgene’s values
- Excellent interpersonal & team working skills
- Project and time management skills is desirable
- IT aptitude