Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Celgene’s Talent Acquisition Function delivers on our people strategy by sourcing and acquiring the best people for the right roles at the right time. In our continuous effort to strengthen our Talent Acquisition team’s ability to better serve our clients and patients, the Senior Director, Talent Pipelining and Executive Recruiting will play a proactive role in mapping the external marketplace and identifying an external pipeline of competitive candidates for critical strategic roles for which we do not have a ready now, internal successor.
This role will leverage his/her vast network of relationships within the biopharmaceutical industry as well as technical expertise to identify and attract exceptional talents to continue to transform our organization to achieve our corporate objectives. He/She will play a strategic key role in the executive recruitment process by partnering with and advising the recruiting leads, providing industry knowledge and market trends before a senior level vacancy occurs and will become an integral part of Celgene’s strategic resource planning process.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Perform candidate sourcing and research activities through the development and execution of full life cycle research and sourcing strategies.
- Engage top talent across the industry, inspire them to explore opportunities with Celgene.
- Work with recruiters and hiring managers to develop detailed profiles of target candidates with data-driven advice on the range of logical possibilities.
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, internal and external referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns.
- Partner with recruiting leads, business leaders and HR business partners to develop “Talent Ambassadors” to keep potential candidates connected to the company; track activity and encourage follow up with top external candidates.
- As needed, act as executive recruiter for key senior roles and leverage internal and external resources as needed to identify and close the best candidate.
- Assist with efforts to provide a diverse slate of candidates for key critical roles.
- Drive the effort to build a robust analytics process by designing and implementing new and existing reports and metrics with partnership from HR Operations.
- Actively monitor the marketplace and anticipate key recruitment trends and identify areas where we need to be even more proactive to source certain skillsets which will become critical in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience in recruitment or talent placement/development in the pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical industry
- Ability to effectively network and interface with all levels of teams and leadership
- Experience engaging with hiring managers and establishing credibility with your deep understanding of the industry, their teams, objectives, and talent profiles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences and at all levels of the organization
- Excellent presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional influencing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience consulting and advising clients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment, are results driven and always operate with sense of urgency
- Able to show evidence of creating partnerships across a variety of functions to build on and create relevant, compelling, personalized and high-touch candidate experiences
- Ability to juggle and switch priorities while sourcing across various departments
- Executive search research and candidate development experience is preferred
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.