Other Locations:Germany- Munich
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Under the direction of the National Sales Director, I&I, this individual will be responsible for building up and directing the new Multiple Sclerosis sales force in the domestic market. Together with the National Sales Director I&I, the Associate Sales Director will define the strategic sales direction and will have full responsibility for its implementation incl. development of objectives and incentive scheme. In addition, she/he will lead the recruitment of the MS sales force and prepare the sales organization for optimal launch readiness. The Associate Sales Director is also responsible for the individual performance management, coaching and development of her/his sales team with the aim to build an exceptional sales organization and maximize Celgene’s reputation and sales in this category.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Building, maintaining & steering a high performing Sales Organization:
- Responsible for recruiting and full launch readiness of the sales organization.
- Responsible for exceeding German Affiliate Sales Targets in MS.
- Build the MS sales organization culture based on Celgene values and with strong focus on cross-functional collaboration.
- Manage and develop the Regional Business Managers, including hiring, field training, coaching, management training, evaluation, motivation, incentives, compensation and disciplinary activities.
- Determine most efficient development of financial and people resources at a regional level and assist in future sales force expansion or redeployments.
- Support, direct (as needed) and coach the Regional Business Managers to ensure effective implementation of all promotional activities to support sales and marketing strategies.
- Build field force capability through the pro-active identification, leadership and execution of initiatives to make the customer facing sales team as effective as they can be.
- Manage a national sales project managers to identify and execute national and regional sales projects which are fully aligned with Brand Strategy.
- Track and monitor the Sales Team National Metrics in cooperation with Sales Analytics concerning the CRM-Systems and implement corrective measures as needed.
- Be involved in the change strategy necessary for the future success of the Business Unit and instrumental in leading management of change within the MS sales function.
Contribute to Sales Strategy & Operational Planning:
- Identify opportunities in the market place and communicate environmental opportunities and challenges to the I&I Business Unit Director and Product Managers through the Brand Team.
- Actively contribute to the LE forecasting process.
- Actively contribute to the creation of the brand specific operational plans with accountability for the development of sales operational pan.
- Ensure the creation of high quality regional and local sales action plans.
- Contribute to the evaluation and implementation of new promotional models.
Communication & Collaboration:
- Build and maintain strong collaboration and effective communication channels between the Regional Business Managers, I&I Business Unit Director, Product Managers and Regional Medical Liaison.
- Represent the MS Sales Organization in the I&I Management Team.
- Strong identification with Celgene’s values.
- Bachelor of Science in Business or Science; extensive experience, four in industry management, in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical industry; experience in sale of I&I products preferred.
- Track record of field force management and leadership skills; demonstrated history of effective interpersonal skills, ability to provide performance feedback, strong written and verbal skills, good presentation skills, an effective evaluator of performance, and analytical ability.
- Proven ability to create and lead a country selling organization capable for achieving the country sales forecast.
- Flexibility and Ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments. Strong project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of developing, implementing and maintaining commercial strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Effective communication at all times. Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective and influential presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, influence, execute
- Comfortable with high amount of travel.
- Charismatic leader with strong communication skills and natural networker.
- Fluent in spoken English including sound presentation skills in English.
- Ability to influence and inspire across levels and geographies.