Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Manager, Competitive Intelligence
Manager, Competitive Intelligence-Summit, NJ
The Manager, Competitive Intelligence is accountable for the collection, interpretation and dissemination of competitive information as it relates to the Inflammation and Immunology Franchise. Working closely with the Global Marketing Team the Manager, Competitive Intelligence will have the responsibility of developing and aligning the CI plan with the franchise strategic imperatives. By maintaining an industry leading knowledge base for the I & I competitive environment this role will inform Market Entry scenario planning, global brand growth initiatives and the development of global brand lifecycle strategies.
This position reports to the ED Global New Products and will collaborate frequently with internal stakeholders in R&D, Technical Operations, Business Development, Project Leadership, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs and other Celgene functions supporting drug development.
Domestic and International travel will be required (Up to 20%).
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the disease state(s), competitive products, and market dynamics
- Work proactively with brand team and cross functional teams to understand business questions/objectives, identify the information currently available, clearly define the gaps and articulate a proposed methodology
- Based on identified strategic questions continuously monitor the competitive environment and emerging scientific data to identify market events with potential impact on our franchise and brand strategies.
- In collaboration with Global Marketing, Market Access and Business Development develop commercial opportunity assessments by providing input into financial models and pricing scenarios.
- Closely manage projects from inception to completion ensuring they remain within scope, budget, and desired timing
- Disseminate competitive intelligence briefings on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Maintain disease area landscapes and pipelines
- Manage vendors and provide appropriate feedback to maintain alignment of project objectives
- Integrate data across groups and projects and not siloed to one team or one project
- Define Key Intelligence Topics and Questions (KITs and KIQs) that will support on going Competitive Intelligence Monitoring
- Attend national and international medical congresses to monitor competitor activities and maintain disease area knowledge
- Work with manager to develop framework for CI within respective therapeutic area’s
- Partner with team members, Global Marketing, and US Marketing to facilitate competitive simulations and staging events
- Build organizational standards and capabilities to drive asset optimization and to ensure senior leadership is informed and supportive of the Competitive Landscape. Drive the organizational acceptance of evolving technologies, improve operating systems and business processes
- BS/BA required, advanced business or science degree preferred. MBA and/or biological science degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience in Market Research, Commercial Strategy and/or business development. Strategic cross functional leadership experience would be an advantage.
- 3-5 years’ experience in competitive intelligence and/or consulting/new products market research experience in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry
- Solid business understanding of pharmaceutical drug commercialization pathways
- Solid, working knowledge of MR and CI methodologies, techniques, and tools
- Sound analytical/quantitative skills and knowledge, and the ability to understand the big picture
- Possess the ability to appropriately challenge and defend assumptions, ensuring decisions and assumptions are based on best available information
- Ability to work and partner proactively and effectively across functions
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across various geographies, roles, and hierarchic levels; and work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with presentation experience to all management levels
- Strong project management skills; demonstrated initiative, creativity, strategic mindset
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.