Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leads regular meetings with the US Hematology Marketing Team to provide updates of in-line forecasts and sales analysis.
- Participates on and often leads cross-functional teams whose members consist of US Marketing, Sales, Market Research, Sales Operations, Business Development, Manufacturing, Finance and Global Marketing.
- Partners with Market Analytics, Marketing, Sales Operations, Market Access and Field Sales to identify, analyze and interpret key market, competitive and promotional trends and their impact on current and future product opportunities and financial performance.
- Partners with U.S. Marketing, Market Analytics and Global BP&A to align on epidemiology and patient segmentation assumptions for current and future therapeutic areas.
- Collaborates with Finance and Market Access to share information for gross-to-net forecasts and other key financial assumptions.
- Regular deliverables include Latest Estimates for the current quarter, 6-Quarter Analyses, Budget, 5-year Long-Range Plan and Demand forecasts. In coordination with the Senior Director, is responsible for the planning, execution and presentation of key deliverables.
- Brings strategic direction to the Analytics Team and drives innovation to find new forecasting approaches and techniques.
- Consistently champions the need for advanced analytics in evidence based decision making.
- Leads analytic work streams including but not limited to Copay forecasting, Finance and Tech Ops deliverables and Pricing & Contracting Strategy.
- Develops and presents Hematology portfolio-level analytics that help drive decision making and internal resource prioritization as required.
- Leads tactical measurement analytics that drive decision making regarding marketing and field sales strategies and tactics including but not limited to HOC deployment, various marketing campaigns and Copay programs.
- Seek and financially assess business development opportunities in coordination with US Marketing, Global BP&A and Business Development.
- Identify and recommend required primary and secondary data sources to leverage for forecasting and analytics.
- Monitors, analyzes and assesses external product forecasts for Celgene and competitor products and indications and communicates analyses to US Marketing & Senior Management as appropriate.
- Oversee external contractor(s) responsible for collecting data for multiple secondary data audits, reporting, analysis and information management.
This job requires an individual, who:
- Works well cross-functionally to help set expectations and build alignment on forecasts and forecasts deliverables, and to help ensure the consistent understanding of the financials once reported.
- Proactively identifies knowledge gaps and identifies a path forward in filling those gaps.
- Works closely with the cross functional US teams and other key stakeholders to inform the development of all forecast deliverables.
- Delivers insightful, well supported forecasts and analytics to the Hematology Franchise within established timelines.
- Understands and thrives working across multiple complex markets.
- Generates insights from multiple data sources that may often be perceived as ambiguous.
- Is an experienced forecaster who has worked in multiple disease states and has applied various modeling approaches.
- Partners with marketing teams, competitive intelligence, outside agencies, Sales Operations and other critical cross functional teams to help support the Celgene’s Hematology Franchise.
- BS/BA required; MBA-Finance preferred
- 8+ years of biotech/pharma industry experience with relevant experience in Business Analysis, Forecasting, and Financial Analysis. Hematology / Oncology markets experience required.
- In-depth strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills: written, oral and presentation skills, including ability to present to senior management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Team player, who builds relationships and works easily with a variety of functions.
- In-depth knowledge of forecasting techniques including patient level forecasts plus experience working with a variety of forecast models.
- Experience in the market access, business development and commercial analytics
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Results-oriented. Excellent follow-through habits.
- PC literate including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other programs as needed.
***TRAVEL: US travel. Ability to travel to key meetings and oncology conventions, as needed.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.