Other Locations:US- CA- Los Angeles
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Region Business Manager, I&I
This position will be responsible for the Regional business operations and implementation of I&I Division strategies and initiatives
Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as a day to day lead and point person for the RD (Regional Director)
- Develop and maintain highly productive working partnerships, as a value-add consultant, with field teams to enable success by providing insightful analytic recommendations
- Identify and remove operational barriers that stand in the way of sales force effectiveness
- Analyze sales and market trends to customize sales strategy and maximize team effectiveness
- Provide leadership to assure effective teamwork and transparency between field sales and marketing functions
- Lead and coach field sales in the absence of DM and RD
- Partner with Salesforce Ops to quantify insights from field and recommend actions to bolster the business and identify market access opportunities.
- Work as key liaison with marketing team to ensure proper communication of new initiatives.
- Leads coordination of Managed Care Pull-Through Programs
- Partner with the RD in developing and updating Regional Business Plans
- Analyze District and Territory performance against Corporate and Region metrics
- Work with Sales Operations to create reports and dashboards to motivate the sales team and provided necessary information on key performance indicators
- Allocate regional resources across Districts and Territories
- Manage Regional speaker programs to ensure compliance
- Manage Regional budgets
- Interface with field sales and marketing to review, analyze, and evaluate sales promotional efforts.
- Responsible for complying with all federal (PDMA/OIG) and, state regulations and Celgene’s Policies relative to prescription drug sampling.
- Follows all sampling procedures as detailed within Celgene’s Sample Compliance Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Responsible for overseeing the district’s sales representative’s adherence to all federal and state regulations and Celgene’s Policies and Procedures relative to prescription drug sampling.
- Responsible for taking appropriate corrective action when observing and/or reviewing sales and sampling practices that are not accordance with Celgene’s expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree; 3-5 years of previous pharmaceutical sales management experience is required.
- Strong analytical and field insight skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written which are customer focused and provide clear direction.
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to address many different audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management; ability to manage diverse range of simultaneous projects.
- Model highest level of professional behavior and ethics
- Approximately 25% overnight travel
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.