Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
As a member of the Global Planning & Technology Services leadership team and the global authority for I&O IT services strategy, the Director of Service Strategy & Management will be responsible for coordinating the GPT organization’s service strategy, managing the business of GPT, collecting and normalizing service KPIs across GPT and broader Celgene IT, and ensuring consistent communications channels between GPT, broader IT, and the overall Celgene business. The Director of Service Strategy & Management must demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills, and provide GPT colleagues with guidance and support in adopting GPT’s business-aligned, service-oriented operating model. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable of current best practices and emerging trends in IT I&O services (such as ITIL, IT4IT, COBIT, and other industry-standard IT strategy and operating model frameworks), and be equally comfortable getting into the details as well as operating at the strategic enterprise level.
Celgene is seeking a results oriented leader in Infrastructure & Operations with in-depth knowledge of IT Operations Management, Service Management & Business Management. This is a leadership position with a high degree of influence - success criteria for GPT’s services strategy is measured by customer and user satisfaction of GPT’s services as well as by the impact on IT planning and portfolio investments decisions.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The incumbent will be the leader in chartering Celgene’s ongoing strategic and operating model for I&O services:
- Produces, implements, communicates and maintains GPT’s services strategy in support of GPT leaders and other Celgene IT leaders.
- Produces, implements, communicates and maintains the consolidated portfolio of GPT’s services in order to align with IT Planning, IT Finance and other Celgene portfolio-view functions.
- Identifies and supports implementation of improvements to GPT service management processes and GPT’s services across the service lifecycle. Continually measures the performance of GPT along best practice KPIs and designs improvements to processes, services and strategy in order to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and cost effectiveness.
- Working in conjunction with Service Owners and ISMs, ensures that customer demand for services is balanced against actual service capacity and availability on both a service-by-service basis and more broadly across GPT’s portfolio.
•Span of Control – Global, cross functional, in collaboration with GPT leadership
•Direct Reports – 1 to 4
•Indirect Reports – will provide standard operating procedures, guidance and standards regarding GPT Services Strategy & Management to GPT Service Owners & GPT Infrastructure Solution Managers
•Budgetary Responsibility – Oversight of the GPT IT budget of $15MM Capital, $50MM Expense
•Interacts w/ - Executive Director GPT, other IT Executive Directors, IT Senior Directors & Directors, GPT Service Owners, GPT ISMs, GPT Architects, leaders and staff members from IT Planning and IT Finance
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Not ready to apply?Join Our Talent Network
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing treatments for our patients.