Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Reporting to the Senior Director – Financial Planning & Analysis Hematology/Oncology, the Manager supports the budgeting and forecasting process for key functional areas of the Global Franchise organization as well as provides additional support as needed to the Hematology/Oncology Finance team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare the expense forecast, budget and analysis for key areas of the Global Medical Affairs, Clinical R&D, & Project Leadership teams as well as a point of contact for finance matters.
- Prepare the monthly close entries including accruals and work closely with the Corporate Shared Service Center and Record to Report (R2R) to ensure all relevant documents and information supporting the monthly financial close are accurately reflected.
- Provide finance consulting and advice as well as assist with annual strategic planning.
- Coordinate and analyze periodic forecasts of actual versus budget performance, validate submitted forecasts and input forecasts into Hyperion.
- Assist with the management of and coordination of the purchase order process in collaboration with Strategic Sourcing and Shared Services teams.
- Manage, coordinate and validate headcount information in collaboration with HR.
- Work closely with the Finance Shared Service Center to ensure complete and accurate accounting.
- Work on ad-hoc projects in support of Global Medical Affairs, Clinical R&D, Project Leadership and Global Hem/Onc Finance organization.
- Develop monthly/quarterly reports with metrics.
- Ensure alignment of headcount between Hyperion and PeopleSoft.
- Align with IT Project Managers to ensure proper accounting of Capital projects.
- Preparation of presentations for Franchise leadership.
- Assist with the preparation of Quarterly Flux Analysis for the Franchise.
- Education: BA or BS in Finance/ Accounting. MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience: 6+ years of Finance/ Accounting with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience. Excellent skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office products e.g. Excel and PowerPoint Required
- Working knowledge of Oracle and Hyperion Required
- Solid experience in a rapidly expanding multinational environment
- Ability to tailor work approach from detail-oriented to strategic overview with strong process development skills.
- Ability to identify existing or potential deficiencies in operating processes or procedures, recommend solutions, and proactively seek continuous economic and operating efficiencies primarily through leveraging financial systems
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management and the ability to influence processes across multiple functions and geographies
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.