Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture
1. Core member of a dynamic, scientifically driven team dedicated to the discovery and development of elegant chemical syntheses and processes for active pharmaceutical compounds.
2. Develop scalable chemical manufacturing processes by planning, designing, executing, interpreting, and clearly documenting experiments.
3. Assist with the manufacture of development candidates for pre-IND and clinical studies.
4. Synthesize compounds for use as analytical reference standards.
5. Assist with technology transfers to and manufacturing of GMP Drug Substance at Contract Research Organizations.
6. Currency with required GMP training and qualifications.
7. Assume departmental responsibilities for assigned projects and equipment.
8. Maintain safety, regulatory, and compliance standards as they relate to the development of pharmaceuticals.
9. Prepare technical reports and oral presentations.
M.S. +5 years or B.S. +8 years in Chemistry or Related Field
1.M.S. +5 years, or B.S. +8 years in Chemistry or Related Field
2.Strong organic laboratory skills and knowledge of organic synthesis.
3.Proficiency in the use of NMR, MS, IR, HPLC, and GC. Experience with process automation platforms, DSC, TGA, and/or XRD are a plus.
4.Ability and drive to learn and implement relevant principles of chemical engineering, material science, analytical chemistry, and regulatory guidelines.
5.Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, multidisciplinary, matrixed environment.
6.Ability to work independently or in a team under deadline. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
7.Kilo lab or pilot plant experience is desired.
8.Familiarity with GMP/GLP practices and standards are a plus
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.