Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Clinical Nurse Consultant will educate health care providers on all disease states aligned with our Hematology and Oncology franchises. While primarily focused on the nursing segment, the Clinical Nurse Consultant will also educate other health care providers in the community and academic hematology/oncology setting. When asked, the CNC will address questions about the safe and appropriate use of Celgene products, or ensure that the question is forwarded to Medical Information Services, as appropriate.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works cross functionally to identify customer education needs
Collaborates with District Managers, Hematology/Oncology Consultants and CNC Manager to develop and implement strategic plans. Also, identify opportunities to provide education to HCPs and accounts within an assigned geography
Deliver disease state educational presentations to nurses, physicians and other health care providers
- Partner with national, state and local nursing organizations to support education on assigned disease states
- Deliver disease state educational presentations to patients in the setting of a support group
- Maintain strong working relationships with brand teams and assist in the development of disease-state educational resources
- Develop relationships with key nurse and advanced practice provider opinion leaders
- Manages resources effectively while maintaining accurate records of company related expenditures
- Identify and communicate customer needs, educational opportunities, and competitive activities through supervisor and internal partners
- Attends and participates in franchise meetings, training classes, conventions, and other business related activities
Minimum BS degree in Nursing, Advanced degree preferred. 5 years Hematology/Oncology clinical experience and resides in the assigned geography
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Advanced degree preferred
- Five years Hematology/Oncology clinical experience
- Prior industry experience is a plus
- Demonstrates effective presentation skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of the hematology/oncology market
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop professional relationships with internal partners and external customers
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in related disease states and the ability to serve as a technical and clinical resource to the medical community
- Ability to manage time and a large geography
- Ability to comply with all company policies and expense reporting requirements
- Demonstrates leadership in addressing and/or resolving internal and external customer needs
- Ability to work evening hours as required
- Demonstrates customer literacy and ability to interpret clinical and market data
- Travel Percentage Approximately 50%
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.